Friday, April 20, 2012

iPhriday

Good iPhriday to you doubting Thomases who logged on thinking there wouldn't be one this week.  There is!  And, I'm a little shocked myself.
 My week started off with a day off from school.  It was the perfect rainy day to stay home!  Dean and I snuck away for lunch at Escalantes.  The perfect chips and queso.  They are only in Houston ... so, for most of you ... I am sorry.  So very, very sorry.  
 My date for the day ... with what he ALWAYS orders ... chicken quesadilla.  And that is all.  
 We then stopped by Nothing Bundt Cake.  I talked about it before, but it bears repeating ... I could eat everyone of these little gems.
 Torrey and Zoey after school on Tuesday.  Torrey was sick.  Zoey was beside herself.  She HAS to be as close to Torrey as she can ... at all times.  Torrey is hers.  
 At some point in the evening, Zoey turned into a freak ... she was jumping on and off the ottoman ... on and off ... on and off.  I was not so amused ... remember when she had the DOUBLE knee replacement?  And then she sat and stared at me ... and looked like a big, hairy spider.  I had to send a picture to my sister to see if I was crazy.  I was not.
Thursday was not a good day for Torrey.  She is getting betterish ... but not perfect.
 We are painting Torrey's room and I found these frames at the Hob Lob for her wall.  Jen was making something for an adoption auction and I told her about these ... they are so cute.  And 50% off this week.  Hurry.  You still have a day.  (And, we are painting ours because the colors are ug.)
 EagleFest is this week.  We are all excited at school.  One of my littles drew this on Thursday.  She was also holding it up in the air and doing cheers.  In the middle of stations.  I could have stopped her, but ... WE ARE ALL EXCITED!
 On Friday, EagleFest FINALLY arrived.  This is the official shirt ... everyone in the school was wearing this shirt.  Except for the seniors ... they wear the shirt from the college they are attending next year.  
 One of my littles drew this when he first got in the room.  And, he is right.  EagleFest is osome.  I feel funny showing the faces of my students, so you are going to have to imagine its osomeness ... but, it is just a day where the entire school comes together and has fun ... eating cotton candy and getting everyone with invisible ink.  And, the sweet part is the parents plan and put on this entire day (and it is over the top) to honor the teachers.  
 God is good.  So good.  EagleFest ended at 3:00.  We spent the day celebrating under dark clouds.  By 3:05, most everything was cleaned up.  This was the scene at 3:20 ... one of the worst storms I have seen in awhile blew in.  Hail, rain blowing horizontal, winds.  And we were cleaned up and in cars ... or, in my case, ALMOST in cars.  
This was my ride home.  For the love of Houston traffic!  I thought Orlando traffic was bad (hello ... tourists!), but Orlando has nothing on Houston.  I do pray for part of my ride home every day to one day live in a small town!  But, that would mean giving up Escalentes chips and queso ... I guess the traffic isn't so bad after all!

Happy iPhriday!  I am off to recover from EagleFest!

No comments: