Friday, June 24, 2011

iPhriday

Well, peeps, it is Friday ... or, iPhriday.  I realize it has taken me a bit to get these pictures up.  I sort of dragged my heels a bit once I started to receive threatening emails.  And when I didn't respond to the emails Jennifer she who shall remain nameless started in with the text messages.  I guess when you feel you helped create something you think you can say "jump" and expect the other person to say, "How high?"  Note to self ... be more careful who I collaborate with.

Truth is, this week's pictures are a bit lame.  We have been mostly home doing nothing.  Which you know I love.  But, here are your pictures, Jen ...

My view on our ride home from the beach.  I sat in the third row.  The whole way home.  Do I really need to say that I was moving VERY slowly the next day?  I am not ashamed to say I am getting old.  Sitting in the way back was too hard for Gram and the girls wanted to sit together and they were watching movies.  Hopefully my name will be spelled correctly on my Mother of the Year and Daughter in Law of the Year trophies.  
 The view out my front door.  My crepe myrtles are in full bloom and everything is green (which is a bit scary since we haven't had rain since April or March ... our water bill is going to be through the roof!)
 Cats made it home on Monday.  They were not happy.  At all.  Sophie gave me the cold shoulder.  She has since forgiven me, but, she made sure to let me know I was in the doghouse ... so to speak.
 Speaking of back ... the ducks made an appearance again.  What is up with that?  Annoying.  Zack barked and barked and they sort of flew off (not for long) and then he strutted around the backyard all proud of himself.  Dogs are funny.
 Remember the no rain thing?  Well, look what appears to be coming our way.  Rain.  It rained and rained and rained on Wednesday.  Sort of freaky at first ... because we haven't had it in so long.  Now I know what Noah and his family felt like when it rained ... what is this stuff?!
 Torrey was going to lunch with a friend and we made a quick stop at the Hob Lob on our way into Houston ... I boldly went inside without my umbrella (it wasn't raining at the time) ... Torrey said you are going to be sad when we come out and it is raining.  Clearly she has the sight because it was pouring when we came out.  And by pouring, I mean buckets and buckets.  She was sweet and made me go get the car and come back and get her ... since she had spent hours straightening her hair and all.  Teenagers.
I sent this back and forth to my sister a few times until I was happy with it.  Now that I look at it though I am wondering if it needs a period. Maybe I'll ask Grammar Girl ... or wait for someone to comment.

Another iPhriday is in the bag.  How many until it becomes a tradition?

1 comment: