Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good Morning Paradise!

The first day at the beach is always magical.  Dean says it is the best day because you know you still have the whole week in front of you.  We woke up rested and ready to hit the beach.  (Dean and I braved Publix the night before ... for the love of the crowds!  I did run into someone I knew from school ... I threw that out there for my sisters because they made fun of me because I kept running into people I knew when we were in NYC.)

Dean went ahead to rent our umbrellas and beach chairs.  It was supposed to be a 4 minute walk.  Someone clocked it while on a full-out sprint ... there was no way the walk was 4 minutes.  But it was a very pretty walk.
 The neighborhood had wooden walkways that led to the beach.  They dipped and curved through the sand dunes.  There were also pretty parts where you went over bridges and around ponds.  And two inches from front porches (nosy me was in heaven!)  Very serene.
 But, no matter the length of the walk, when we actually got to the beach ... gorgeous!  This was my view for most of the week.
I kid ... this was my view.  We spent most of the day on the beach .... and on the phone searching for a golf cart to rent!  One word to describe our first day?  Bliss.  Pure bliss.

No comments: