Friday, June 10, 2011

iPhriday

My sister had a "car mishap" (completely not her fault ... for real) and ended up with a totaled car and a broken foot.  From pressing on the brake.  Which is what happens to a mom who is trying to stop her car when her kids are in it.  So, the broken foot has left her on the couch ... bored out of her head.  Which has been good for me because she answers  my texts very quickly.  All that to say that she has been bugging me about posting the iPhone pictures all week.  At some point she sent me a text saying "to please please please call it iPhone Phriday."  Which I almost did ... until Dean suggested "iPhriday".  So I give you Dean and Jen's first collaboration.  And if you knew the two of them in real life, you would know that that has given me so. much. joy.  So much.

Anyways, here is our week ... 
 We have two cats.  The littlest of which is Sophie.  She is skittish.  If you were to come and visit you would NEVER see her.  Her hiding skills are quite good.  She doesn't really care for most people ... Dean and Torrey included.  But, I am her favorite.  When she knows the dogs are in bed she comes downstairs to say hello.  So, for all you who doubted she exists, Sophie says, "Hello.  Now go away."
 Nikita is 10.  TEN!  Which is 70 is cat years.  He isn't so skittish ... he will say hello as long as it doesn't involve him speaking to the dogs.  It is a love-hate relationship ... he is the hater.  FYI ... Kita's fur is as soft as a bunny.  For real.
 Dean.  He isn't as in love with the iPhone as me ... mostly because of the picture taking.  Sorry.  Can't stop now.
 On Wednesday, Torrey and I had lunch with Mrs. Cherry.  She is the Lower School secretary and she takes good care of me Monday-Friday.  Most days I tease her about getting me a sub ... which only backfires on the days I really need a sub because I have to preface the asking by saying, "This is for real."  Love Love Love Mrs. Cherry.
 Starbucks.  And my girl.  Love that she loves Starbucks as much as me.  She is drinking a yummy chocolately/coconut drink.  Think Mounds bar in a Starbucks cup.
 Torrey said, "Take my picture." And I couldn't have loved her more!  Dean wanted to know if I bought her the hat ... um, no.  I have the pictures.
 I took a few pictures before I let her know that she had it on completely wrong.  I almost didn't ...
 Boy did we laugh when I told her she had it on wrong ... she was cute both ways.
 I got my hair cut and high-lighted on Thursday.  Definitely necessary.  For real.
 Finished product.  Only would have been better if I had shown you the before.  But, I try not to embarrass myself if I can help it!
 Made a quick stop at Jo-Ann's ... walked out with nada.  Can't believe it myself.  They didn't have what I was looking for and I didn't need anything else.
 Oh, Zoey.  She has taken over this part of the couch.  But only if someone is sitting with her.  And, most nights she looks just like this.  I took a few pictures of her (dern red eye) and she was watching me ... but did not move.  Ridiculous.
 I took this one for my sister who diagnosed my ringworm on the phone.  I was talking to her and out of the blue told her about this weird thing on my leg.  She informed me it was ringworm ... Dean agreed (I guess the iPhriday thing was their second collaboration)  Funny thing is Carly also has ringworm ... on her leg.  So, not only do I have a birthday buddy, but I also have a ringworm buddy.  Love.
We are heading out of town in the morning.  Which means the animals had to be boarded.  The dogs go to the pet lodge (more room to run outside).  The cats go to the vet.  Getting those two in that carrier is the most stressful part of the trip ... mostly because Sophie gets so scared and she is a little houdini.  I should have taken a picture of them at the vets ... Nikita was completely under the towel hiding.  

And, that was our week.  See you next Phriday!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Phriday is my favorite day. I now believe you actually have a cat named Sophie... kind of. Kita REALLY is a bunny... loved seeing the Empanada's Store, MMMMmmmmm.... I diagnosed your ringworm without the convenience of a photo, so I'm kind of a Rock Star. A bored Rock Star, but none-the-less.... and here's hoping that is really what it is, but they can be solid or just a ring. Why why why do I know this?? Also, I'm not sure how I feel about collaborating with Dean, but he certainly entertained me this week, so I will go with it. Oh, and thank you for the picture of the cats in the carrier. Made my day. That and cute pictures of my niece. Who apparently has never seen the Statue of Liberty. Phriday is pfun!!! hahahahahaha. Wow I'm bored.

grannimcd said...

Ellie also has ringworm on her leg. She just wants to be like Auntie Tracy! ;-)