Monday, June 13, 2011

Also Known as the Day We Wised Up

Two things changed our beach vacation today ... a golf cart rental (we praised Jesus for the golf cart all week) and $7 inner tubes from an early morning Publix run.  We were still in vacation nirvana ... because the second day of vacation still has almost as many days left as the first day of vacation.  Trust me it sort of went downhill from here.
 The girls and I hoofed it to the beach ... Dean stayed home to wait for the golf cart.  I know it appears I made them carry everything.  I promise it was the opposite.
 Almost ready to hit the waves ... first a sorority girl smile.  She loves it when I tell her she has a sorority girl smile.
 NOW they were ready to hit the waves.  Seriously, it took forever to get them in the water.  Both of them were conscientious about putting on the sunscreen.  Torrey was afraid she would burn.  Seriously?  I think we are past the point of burning ...
 Today I watched a sailboat come up on shore.  It entertained me for a few minutes.
 And then I went back to searching the waves ... we did see a few schools of dolphins (are they called schools?) which just makes you happy, happy, happy.
 Here is where I did my watching from.  And reading.  And resting.  And sitting.  And relaxing.  And talking.  Ahhhh ... I love vacation.
 My two most favorite people.  Love.  Love.  Love.
 Torrey and Meghan.  It was fun to have another daughter for the week ... Meghan is definitely a keeper.  That is until it comes time to pay for college!
 So, we drove forever looking for a place to eat and ended up in a restaurant 5 minutes from the house called The Old Florida Fish House.  It was delicious!
 The girls ready to eat ... at this point it was almost 8:00 and we were all starving!
 After dinner we rode into Seaside to get snow cones.  Legendary.  Not as good as Mam's, but fun.  They make and serve the snow cones from a retro trailer.  Super neat.  I fell in love with the lights.  I've been trying to figure out where to hang them in our back yard!

Funny story, while Torrey was ordering she felt something on her leg.  She thought it was a bug and went to brush it off ... it was a tree frog climbing up her leg.  Disgusting!  We watched the little buggar climb up the trailer ... all the while Torrey was freaking out!

It was a good day.  We ended rested, full, and happy ... and dreading the end of the vacation.  At this point in the week I tried to figure out a career that would mean a move to the beach!

No comments: