Friday, December 17, 2010

Getting There is Half the Fun

Last year, right at Christmas I called my parents and said we would come for Christmas if we could bring the dogs.  They agreed rather quickly.  Which surprised me.  Because I was only kidding about the dogs, but I wasn't kidding about coming for Christmas.

Fast forward to November and Zoey having knee surgery.  We were nervous about boarding her.  And then we found out the boarding place would have to move them to a downstairs room for almost double what it costs for an upstairs room.  They tried to sell it to us because they would have a TV in their room.

Clearly the girl on the phone forgot we were talking about DOGS.  Who don't watch TV.  Good grief.

We made the decision to bring them with us.  And were shocked at how great they did.


They stayed in Zack's crate and slept most of the way.  Happy as larks.


Surprisingly, the only one who asked "are we almost there yet" was ... um, me.

No comments: