Saturday, October 2, 2010

We Have a Bit of a Frog Problem

Or, perhaps I should say a dog problem.  Or, better yet a dog AND frog problem.  The dogs love, love, love it when they discover a frog in the yard.  Zackie is notorious for swiping his paw across the poor critter's head to make it jump.  And, when it jumps?  Zoey pounces.  Which causes the frog to stop.  And Zackie to swipe.  See the pattern?

I think they are disgusting.  I about had a nervous breakdown the other night when I opened the door to let the dogs out and a frog hopped in.  In the house.  Shudder.  

But, fortunately, Dean comes to my rescue.  Every time.  Except for the time he was in Baton Rouge and I had to catch a frog and carry it through the house to throw it in the front yard.  Yes, through the house.  Again, shudder.  And, sadly, I will admit I begged that frog not to jump out his entire journey through the house.  Our story has a happy ending because he listened.

Anywhooo, I tell you all that to tell you this.  Or rather, show you this.  The other night I let Zoey out and she made a bee-line for a known frog hangout in the back yard.  (If you must know ... the french drains are great for not only keeping our back yard non-soggy, but also for breeding frogs.  Who knew?)  She was messing around and I knew there was something so I went to see.  Then went inside for a flashlight.  And, this is what I saw ...


... go ahead and click on it to enlarge it.  I'll wait.  You really don't have to imagine my panicked screams to Dean.  And, then I made him wait to rescue the little bugger while I got my camera.  You are welcome.

Poor little guy was quite wedged.  Hopefully his frog friends all learned a lesson and began their move to our neighbor's back yards.  

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hmmmm....first almost turned into a pillar of salt, now the frogs. What is God trying to say to you?