Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Been a Monday ... All Day!

Well, Hello.  We are still alive.  That is for my mom.  Because she has been worried.  Things have been a bit hectic in the Townsend household.  But, then, when have they not?  Here is some of what is going on ...

*Parent/Teacher conference week is officially this week.  I'm not one to wait for the last minute for these things, so I am happy to announce I have completed ten ... which means I have seven to go.  Thursday afternoon will be VERY exciting ... because I have my last one at 1:50 CST.  And, just so you know ... they have all been very sweet.  I have great kids and great parents.  Thank you, Lord!

*We ordered new furniture on our anniversary.  That was June 27th.  It arrives (finally) on Thursday.  Our family room will have a whole new look and I can't wait.  I will share as quick as I can.  Hopefully we will be able to keep the dogs off the furniture.  That is probably wishful thinking.

*Speaking of the dogs ... little Zoey is going to have double knee surgery in a few weeks.  DOUBLE.  The doctor decided to do both together because it would be cheaper for us (thank you thank you thank you) and because it will force her to walk on her legs.  Clearly he is forgetting she is a princess.  Dean said she will come home on anti-biotics and pain medication.  Hopefully there will also be prescriptions for us ... because she is going to make our lives miserable.

*Torrey got straight A's.  At a college-prep school.  Let me just say ... not easy.  She is a rock star.  And, determined to keep her "A" average.  Thank you, Lord.  We could use a college scholarship or two (or twenty-five!)

*Torrey ended her volleyball season.  Their last game was a nail biter.  They lost their first game.  Won their second.  You would have thought they won the Olympics.  And, not from the girl's reaction, but the parents!  We were out of control!  We ate some humble pie in the last game when they lost ... but, that one win was sweet.  Mostly because our wins were few.

*Shout out to Roy and Mavis and 49 years of marriage.  We met Roy and Mavis (or Mr. Roy and Miss Mavis as Torrey calls them ... we are so Southern!) when we went to Israel in March ... they work in the garden with my parents.  Fell in love with them.  So, Happy Anniversary, Roy and Mavis!  Crossing our fingers we'll see you again in 2012!

*Mikie and Jess shared their 3 littles with us on Sunday while they went to the Texan game.  Austin thought he saw them in the stands about 3,400 times ... he was convinced you were one of the cheerleaders Jess!  I tried to get him to say touchdown and not cuchdown ... sadly, tonight we saw a "cuchdown" and both Dean and I called it just that.  Sadly, I had to take a nap when they left.  And, they were really, really good.  I am obviously getting old.

*Christmas is right around the corner.  And, we are Florida bound.  Perhaps with the dogs.  My mom agreed that we could bring them ... I may have tricked her.  Depending on Zoey's recovery ... we may need a break from her.

And, that would be all I've got tonight.  Our week is full.  And, I dare say I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: