Monday, March 16, 2009

Sook-San-Wan-Gerd

Sook-San-Wan-Gerd Torrey ... which is Happy Birthday, Torrey in Taiwanese! Our girl is 13 today. Dean and I are officially in mourning! We started our day off with presents. She got lots of fun things ... among them were ...
money from Gram ... she is full of good ideas how she is going to spend her loot!
... a beautiful necklace from Grammy & Papoo. It is a heart pendant made from her birthstone.
... a Jon Hart bag from Dean and I. It is in one of her signature colors with her name on it ... she loves it.
We ate breakfast in the hotel and she ordered a smoothie ... I was a little jealous when it came out (although my lemon pancakes with raspberry sauce soon made me forget the smoothie!) The wait staff was amazing to Torrey ... the Taiwanese girl who sat us came and told her Happy Birthday in her native tongue (then wrote it out for her so we wouldn't forget it ... I wonder if she realized what a treasure that became for Torrey!) Our waiter and another random waiter decided against singing "Happy Birthday" to Tor and instead gave her boxes of chocolates. Wise choices! It was a sweet start to her special day.

Right after breakfast we loaded the car and headed to Destin. They let us check in early and we got unpacked and since we hadn't eaten since breakfast, we joined the other "early birders" at, where else ...
Outback! Torrey loves this place ... although, they have changed their recipe for the baked potato ... definitely not as yummy. Why mess with perfection?

We made a stop at Publix (oh how I miss that place!) and then headed back to the condo to call it a night. It is raining ... but, we have reports that tomorrow will be perfect beach weather. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

happy birthday, TORREY!!! glad to see you had a very fun day! wish we were with you... ben is looking forward to reading what you did tomorrow, so tell your mom updating is a priority!

miss you guys!

Laurie said...

Torrey, Happy Birthday! Hope you had the BEST day! Love you!

Steve said...

Torrey, do you want my list of ways for you to spend your money? I promise that they are really good, and that you will love them!

Allana Martian said...

Happy Birthday to Torrey! I can't believe how much she has grown! The last time I saw her, she was tucked under one arm and my Zack was tucked under your other arm as you took them both out of the church at Adela's wedding. That picture is burned forever in my mind! She is beautiful, Tracy! Our children are a marvel, aren't they?