Thursday, March 12, 2009

It Really Isn't Fair!

I know I have said these words often this week. But, today's circumstances REALLY weren't fair. First, Spring Break starts at 2:30 on Friday (so thankful I teach Kindergarten and not a higher grade with a 3:15 dismissal!) Secondly, it got freakishly cold last night. And, for my smart alec blog readers from the North, "freakishly" means in the 40's. It was 80 yesterday and today 40 (and raining) ... children do not do well with weird swings in temperature. Thirdly, the moon is full. Full. Fourthly, it was one of the teacher's birthdays and a mom brought cookies for ALL the Kindergartners. It quickly became clear they were not sugar-free. If I could write a letter to God it would go something like this ...

Dear God,
While I know your ways are best, would you please reconsider weird weather changes and full moons on the same day. Kindergarten teachers do not love it. And, when they come the day before Spring Break starts it makes me want to say, "Really? What are you thinking?"

Right now I am at T-22hours and 30 minutes. Let it go quickly. Let it go quickly!

No comments: