Friday, March 13, 2009

It Is Definitely Friday the 13th!

I am not superstitious. I don't keep careful watch of the calendar to see when the next Friday the 13th is. Um, it was today. All day. Sad thing is, I didn't really realize it until a few minutes ago ... and I sighed and said "that is why!"

I had a hard day at school today ... but, not because of a child or anything I did. Isn't that odd? I have been hurting all day ... not just for me, but for others. Even hurting for the ones who hurt me.

And, in the middle of my hurt, God whispered to me. (He is just like that!) And He used the hurting to remind me of how He wants me to be ... He so wants me to be "becoming" when I interact with people. He wants for me to shine for Him even in my hurt. He wants everyone who comes in contact with me to know that I love Him. That can be hard to do when you are hurting or perceive a wrong. We all have a tendency to rear back and just let loose. Oh Lord, please remind me of today the next time I am there. Let my words be gentle. Let my spirit be sweet. Please.

And, on that note ... Spring Break starts NOW!

1 comment:

grannimcd said...

Have a BLAST on your spring break and don't even give Houston/Texas/school/kinder-kids/nasty parents a fraction of a thought. RELAX and come home happy and tanned. Miss you guys. :-<