Thursday, March 5, 2009

At This Moment

It is 2:55 pm Texas time. Our girl is about to hit the floor to try out for 8th grade cheerleading. I am a wreck ... so I am doing the only thing I can. I am praying. Praying. Praying. God has a plan for our girl. Dean and I so hope it involves 8th grade cheerleading ... and, if it doesn't we hope we have the words to comfort her tonight.

Sweet Torrey, you have worked hard. You have flipped, and jumped, and cheered until you were black and blue. You have stayed late to work with a trainer. You have gotten up early to jump and flip a little more. You have shown you have cheerleader spirit in the way you have treated others also trying out. (The word leader is in cheerleader for a reason!) Your daddy and I are so proud of you. You have shown perseverance, dilligence and courage. You asked me last night if I was a cheerleader ... I didn't have the courage to try out. Right now I am praying for you. Praying for a calmness to sweep over you like a cool breeze. Praying that the minute your feet hit the floor they would remember what to do. That your jumps would be higher than ever. Your cartwheel would be perfect. Your smile would be gorgeous. And, above all else, that the judges would see SOMEONE in you shining through! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! Your daddy and I love you so.

I will update tonight with the results. We will find out tonight about 6 ... oh the magic of the web!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Praying for you right now, Torrey! LOVE YOU, GIRL!

Steve said...

It is now 2:45am in Tampa, and I have noticed that you have not updated your blog with the results yet. I can't sleep until I find out and you are lucky that I am not calling you and waking you up to find out!!!