Friday, February 13, 2009

This Has Never Happened Before

Yesterday at school, something happened that has never happened before. I was blamed for something. Henry came in jubilant because it was my birthday. He made me THREE birthday cards (because if one is good, two is better, and if the third is covered in glitter ...) As he unpacked he realized he hadn't read his Home Reader that night. And, then he said these words (very loudly!) "Oh no! I forgot all about my Home Reader! I didn't read it! I was so worried about making Mrs. Townsend's Birthday cards!"

That's right. I became Homework Excuse #107. The dog didn't eat his homework. No sirree. It was all his stinkin' teacher's fault. Don't you love it?!

And, today his mom told me he picked me as his Valentine. Which is why I refuse to promote him to 1st grade next year!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Ummmm, I need to tell you something, I used to tell all my teachers that I couldn't do my homework cause of you!

Laurie said...

I'll have to tell Amanda this one. She went into school after Scout tore her homework and tried to tell them the dog ate it. She was made fun of all day long.

Allana Martian said...

With your beautiful sense of humor, I bet you are all the kids' favorite teacher!