Friday, February 20, 2009

Randomly Random

It has been awhile since I last posted ... I guess not much is going on here. HA! Here is a glimpse of the fun in the last few weeks.

-Torrey is trying out for cheerleading. Will let you know how that goes. Tryouts are March 5th. We appreciate ALL prayers. (FYI ... she has been practicing in the backyard. The dogs are not helpful ... they keep running between her legs. Good grief!)

-I really have to be careful what I say to the kiddos in my class. A few weeks ago a little boy was eating his clothes (sleeves, collar ... it was getting gross) I told him only goats eat their clothes. Fast forward to this week and I reminded him again to not chew his clothes and he said "Allright. I won't be a goat." Do I really need to say that my class says the funniest things?

-And, on the school note, my class went to the museum for our first field trip. I took 19 and came home with 19 ... success! Alex informed us that the butterflies with spots on them are "EVIL" (rub your hands together as you say this word with a bit of a spanish accent) because they had eyes on their wings. I'm sure more than one of them had nightmares that night because one flew over us and they all screamed. Um, what is the first rule when visiting the butterfly room? No screaming. How'd I do?

-Dean has been home all week. And, by home, I mean he actually worked from home for four days. It goes without saying that the dogs were in heaven. They both follow him from room to room. Fine by me ... because if they like you best, you have to get up with them in the middle of the night.

-Proflowers messed up my flowers from Ben, so they redelivered. The note was different ... "It is your birthday ... again." Ben is now channeling Dwight Schrute. I love it!

-We booked flights to Florida for Easter ... there was much joy when Dean called Ben and Carly to tell them. And, we knew the joy was not because Dean and I were coming ... we really knew it when they asked if Torrey was coming too. We know our place.

That should tide you over for now ... more tomorrow!

No comments: