Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Birthday Buddy!

Ten years ago, my sister gave me a birthday present that will NEVER be topped. NEVER. She gave me my very own Birthday Buddy. How do you thank someone for that?

Ben, you are one amazing boy. I have loved you since the moment your mommy called and asked me if I "was sitting down." You are funny, kind, smart, gentle, a great big brother, a super cousin, a writer, and an artist. You make me smile. You laugh at my jokes ... even if they aren't funny! There have been many things you have said or done that will stay in my memory forever. I may have enjoyed my birthday 11 years ago, but for the last 10 years I have looked forward to the day with great anticipation. We will NEVER celebrate our birthday apart again!

Sweet Ben, I pray that this year will be a year that stands out in your memory when you are an old man. I pray that you will continue to be a boy who shows kindess to those around you and a boy who pleases Jesus. May you always know how much you are loved. May you always know that I love you the best ... and, I agree, the best thing you ever did was to be born on my birthday! I love you!

Auntie Tracy (and Uncle Dean and your girl Torrey)

No comments: