Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olympic Fever

Oh yeah! We've got it bad! And, because of Dara Torres (who we call "the old woman"), I have been given hope that I am not too old to actually be in the Olympics. Now, to pick a sport. And, I have seriously been racking my brains. The other night we were marveling at the hurdlers and I wondered aloud how tall those things were. Dean and I figured they were about 3 feet ... and then it hit me that those things are the same size as an average sized Kindergartner. And then the light bulb went off in my head ... I knew the sport that I could still teach AND practice daily for ... the hurdles. I could become one of the greatest hurdlers by just practicing during recess ... I would of course be jumping over Kindergartners. When I told Dean my great idea he said "Make sure someone calls me and lets me know what Hospital you are in." Whatever. See you in 2012!

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

What a great idea... I wanna take pictures of the practice sessions and what's more I don't care what the sport is just GO to the Olympics... I want an excuse to go and if I have to wait for Ben and Carly to swim in the Olympics, I am going to be watching in a wheel chair! 2012? I may just be using a walker! You go girl... love ya, dad