Wednesday, June 4, 2008

'Smore Fun in New Hampshire

Today was rainy and cold in New Hampshire ... I mean REALLY cold -- parka weather! It was perfect weather to go to Sam's to pick up a "few" party supplies for Kristin's graduation party on Saturday. Obviously Laurie has mad packing skills. Since it was so cold out, we were able to convice Tim that tonight was the perfect night to ....
build a fire! Oh it was fantastic! We did feel guilty about building the fire because Carly wasn't here and she so loves Uncle Tim's fires ... but it was so cold out and we needed it. And, what good is a fire if you can't ....
make 'smores! Torrey loves to make 'smores ... she can usually eat about one, but because she likes to make them she is more than willing to make them for whoever isn't in the mood. Tonight she and Laurie were the 'smore chefs!
Here she is ready to make another one for whoever is willing to eat one! I am sure that we will be doing this again once Ben and Carly arrive ...

Hopefully the weather tomorrow will be better. Torrey and I are taking Kristin to get her driver's license in the morning (wahoo!) ... we may be going to the mall to get our toes done and I am looking for a bathing suit (oh the insanity!) Not sure what else fun tomorrow will bring ... maybe a coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, or a walk on the treadmill (can that really be counted as fun?!) or an episode of Top Chef ... not sure.

On a last quick "cute" note. Last night when the lights were turned out, Torrey was looking out the window by her bed and I asked her what she was looking at she said "Nothing. I am just smelling. It smells so good here." And, you know what? It does. I really hadn't noticed it until she pointed it out, but it really smells good here ... it smells like the color green, and clean, and quiet, and natury. God used Torrey last night to remind me to stop and smell life around me ... not to be in such a hurry or stressed out about whatever to miss life. Good grief did I need to hear that. I tend to get to busy and over-scheduled and unable to say NO that I am missing "life" right in front of me. There is a reason God tells us to be anxious for nothing ... He wants us to enjoy the life He has given us. To live it to the fullest. To be all He has intended us to be. To share Him with others. To be Him to our family, friends and strangers. So, go out and "smell" your life ... ahhhh!

No comments: