Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It is MY birthday.

It's me Dean. I didn't want to have to do this, but since someone who shall remain nameless (Tracy) didn't post me a Birthday blog today, I guess I'll just take matters into my own hands and do it myself.

I am 43 today. So, congratulations to me for not dying last year. Yay me! It was a good year! God has blessed me with so much -- most of all a wonderful wife who is beautiful in EVERY way and the world's sweetest, most precious daughter (that's you, Torrey), a job I enjoy, encouraging friends ... yes, I have more than 1 ... my health (which I should say since Dec. 28 I've lost 10.4 pounds and am on my way to 18 compliments of the Special K Diet ... and yes, I am hungry), a loving family including a great Mom, the best brothers and sisters -- in-laws and out-laws both -- and Zack, Zoey and Nikita (Sophie not so much), a nice pair of shoes (they're my selling shoes), a non-"holey" t-shirt or 2, a comfortable sofa, a TV with a fancy remote and my very own blackberry. What more could I ask for? Life is good. To be read, God is good.

And I've got a great 43rd year lined up as much as it's possible to line things up: a plan for a good year at work, a few fun resolutions, a trip to ISRAEL with Tracy and Torrey (I can't wait!) and maybe, if Special K allows it, a few meals out! I may even buy myself a la-z-boy recliner. And a cane! ;-) Ha!

It is MY birthday. Happy Birthday to me!



P.S. Thank you to the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a great birthday gift! You made my day!

6 comments:

Steve said...

Happy Birthday Dean-O! Glad you had a good day.

Jennifer McGregor said...

Happy Birthday, Dean... hope you got your message from the kids, I made them promise NOT to sing. You are welcome. Your post is hilarious.

the Curriers said...

I DID think of you yesterday- Happy Birthday! :)

rachellechaseblog said...

Happy birthday!
(from the world's greatest niece :))

Laurie said...

Hope you had a great one Dean! Massachusetts was the best present EVER!

grannimcd said...

Hey Brother, Maybe you shouldn't have hacked into Tracy's blog - b'cuz all this time I thought you were turning 42!