Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can We Get a Re-Do ... Please?!!

So, this past weekend was Labor Day. Which meant a day off from school. In case you haven't heard me lament in the past (or complain ... you choose), the school where I teach doesn't have very many days off during the school year. So, it goes without saying that I treasure those days off. Sad to say, but I do have them memorized. So, the long weekend arrives and what happens? Sickness descends upon the Townsend house. I ran a fever for most of the weekend. Dean has been miserable. I have now lost my voice completely. Oh, and tomorrow morning is the Kindergarten parent coffee where I have to stand in front of the parents and talk for an hour. Not sure my voice has it in me. Should be interesting. Perhaps it is because I have been dreading tomorrow since I saw it on the calendar (you got it ... had that day memorized too!) I am not worried because I am sure I will be able to speak because God is Who He is.

Oh, and then there was Gustav looming off the coast. How we are thankful for the saving of New Orleans. Houston will always have a special place in her heart for the people of NOLA ... for almost a year they became one of us. Sweet Beth Moore said it best when she said in her blog, "Lord, you be their levee." And He was ... and He hopes to be so much more for those sweet people. Baton Rouge is special to us as well because Dean has several employees who live there (Louisiana is part of his territory) ... we are praying that what was uprooted in a few short hours will be put right soon. And, send them electricity! I will admit that I was on my way to the grocery store on Saturday morning when I learned that Houston would be OK. I did what any normal person would do ... bought 2 gallons of milk because I was SURE we wouldn't lose our power.

And, on the Kindergarten front, God has not disappointed in my class this year. They are hilarious! A. was trying to tell a friend something and when he wouldn't listen to him after repeated attempts, he said it to him in spanish. Just made me giggle. Still makes me giggle.

And, on the home front. Torrey got a part in the middle school play. She is a Conrad Girl. The play is Nov. 20-22 ... let us know if you want tickets! She is now running cross country ... we know Ryan is proud! Dean is muddling through the merger. He offered jobs to people from the other company today and he thought they would do back flips and be so happy ... think again. It has been an interesting process. There is a lot to be said for a grateful heart.

And, finally, we rejoice in the news that Gram comes home next week AND that my parents are coming for Christmas! Can you say rolls, rolls and more rolls?!!!

Our lives our busy. Crazy even. And, I am still hoping to find anyone with Superman powers to turn back the revolving earth to give us back our weekend ... this time we would like to be healthy, please!

Enjoy your week!

No comments: