Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sisters


All I wanted was ONE good picture of the three of us. Two people (who shall remain nameless) would not cooperate. Don't worry, I took care of them. Laurie got a poke for her behavior. That was enough to scare Jen ... but, the ONE good picture was not to be.

Tonight I sit in Houston and Laurie is in Derry, NH and Jennifer is in Tampa and I am missing my sisters. They were my lifeline during the hurricane ... Jen was working, so it was her I texted in the middle of the night ... in the middle of the storm. Um, Laurie could you join the 20th century and get texting on your phone?! Growing up we were each others worst enemy and best friend ... we have since dropped the worst enemy (I guess that is what happens when you are no longer sharing a mirror in the mornings!) They are the first people I want to call when something great happens ... and when the world feels like it has fallen off its axis.

Next weekend Jen is going to NH for a fun "fall weekend". I am jealous. No, I am JEALOUS! I would say I hope they are miserable, but, Ben is going and the fun is all for him, so I hope they have a fabulous time and say every ten minutes how much they miss ME!

I love you girls ... and, I bet you are wishing you hadn't been fooling around during the picture! I told you you would be sorry! (insert evil laugh here)


6 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

You forgot to mention that this MOMENT inspired what I fondly refer to as "Rule #17... No trading sisters". By the way, are you still trying to accept applications????

Jennifer McGregor said...

Hi. I'd like to apply to be your sister. It looks like being your sister would be so much fun. Especially if we are allowed to laugh at you. If you need to meet with me in person, you can always get a plane ticket to NH for next weekend. Pretty sure there will still be room on a flight if you call now. Thank you for considering my request. Sherry Cooper.

Laurie said...

We will miss you too! Not the same without you! You didn't mention to everybody where you poked me.... truly something only a sister could get away with! Mwahahaha!

Jennifer McGregor said...

oh Please...I'm sure Jen was really scared of your poking.

Ryan

Jennifer McGregor said...

oh Please...I'm sure Jen was really scared of your poking.

Ryan

Allana Martian said...

Love it!!! What a fun picture of the three of you. Definitely one to be framed! I echo what you said about "worst enemy, best friend". That is Adela and I, too! Aren't you glad we get to grow up?