Sunday, September 7, 2008

I May Be Speaking Too Soon, But ...

I think I am better. Here is where you knock on wood just to be sure. I have been sick this entire week ... I even took 2 sick days. I NEVER take sick days ... it is just too much work! I have lived in bed since Wednesday night. I have not left my house ... OK, there was the time Friday afternoon when I had to walk across the backyard to get the garbage from the dog's mouth ... does that count? Right now I am feeling pretty good ... my cough is not as obnoxious, my nose isn't dripping like a faucet, my voice is making a comeback and I have no fever. I am one of those people who is a "flu-magnet" ... leave it to me to get it BEFORE the flu season and BEFORE I could get a shot! Good grief. I am going back to school tomorrow ... will be weird because I feel like I have been gone forever!

And, more this weekend news .... Torrey ran in her first cross country meet. She ran 1.5 miles in 16.28 minutes. She was adorable in her uniform (no pictures ... I wasn't there ... watch for a post on the 20th!) Dean was THRILLED to have to get up at 5am on a SATURDAY for the meet! Today was the first service in our worship center since the renovation ... again, I wasn't there (boo. hiss.) Dean and Torrey said it was amazing ... God worshipped there this morning! I am so looking forward to next week!

Speaking of this week ... we have a hurricane potentially heading our way. I am not too worried because "he" doesn't have a Hispanic name. Gustav. Eduourdo. Ike. One of these things is not like the other (that line works best when sung!) But, Friday could be interesting. Gram comes home on Friday. Glenn and Robin come to visit on Saturday. Maybe.

OK ... enjoy your week. Torrey has play practices every day this week which means late days at school which means I will get stuff done after school which means I am going to TRY to not bring home a ton of stuff to do which means I will have time to update the blog with pictures. Cross your fingers. Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I hope you are feeling better and that school went well today!:)
Laurie