Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where We Are ... again

I feel like every time I bring back the blog I have to write a post about where we are ... because things just naturally change in 6 months time. And, while I once believed people actually read this thing ... let's be real.  Who am I kidding?  This is solely for me ... and I do go back and read what I have written quite often. Remember I told the Librarian I have been reading?  I didn't tell him WHAT I have been reading.

Torrey just graduated from High School.  Y'all.  It was just yesterday we were handing her off to her Kindergarten teacher and now here we are.  Senior year is a ball full of fun and stress.  I feel like we spent our year in the waiting room ... waiting for your college acceptances is not for the weak of heart!  Torrey applied to five school - Auburn, Alabama, TCU, Baylor and Texas A&M.  She got acceptance letters from five schools ... and will be attending her dream school in the fall.  A&M she is coming for you!

For the past 18 years she has been my sidekick.  There is not much I have done without her by my side. And I am asked a lot if I am OK with her going away to school.  My friends are legitimately scared for my sanity.

Listen, y'all ... we tried to get her to apply to THSU.  But she did not want to attend Townsend Home School University.  I know.  I don't understand why either.

But, here's the thing ... God is amazing.  We know He alone is the reason she is attending A&M ... and that would have been enough of a gift for me. We have watched Him work out every detail ... from her housing to her roommate to her classes.  But, He didn't stop there.  He has given me peace AND joy in sending her.  I am reminded daily that she is ready.  She is excited.  It is hard to wallow when you see your child so excited. I have been feeling lately like her going to college isn't going to ruin our relationship, but rather it will be strengthened.  I can't wait to see what the next four years have in store for her ... I know they are going to be amazing!

Dean has been concerned that we will need to find a hobby ... because evidently college students don't want their parents just appearing at their door every day.  

Is drinking coffee considered a hobby?


No comments: