Monday, July 7, 2014

A Post in Which I Share Why Going to the Library Wasn't Such a Great Idea After All

Y'all.  I just won an award.  For the longest title on a blog post for a blog that no one reads.  

But, seriously, I maybe shouldn't have gone to the Library after all.  Because I finished one of the books in less than two days ... all 483 pages.  (Kate Morton does not disappoint!)  But, there is a price to pay for reading a book in less than two days ... and I am paying that price today.

10 loads of laundry.  That is my price.  I now know what it must be like to live in the Duggar household.  There are 3 of us ... how could we possibly have enough dirty towels to justify 2 loads of laundry in just towels?!  I'm a little scared now to read the next book.

Our weekend was quiet.  Torrey spent it with friends in Galveston.  Dean and I planned to go down the street and sit on the golf course to watch the fireworks ... and then the monsoon hit and I assumed they would have been cancelled.  Nope.  We watched them from our front door.  And promised that next year we would definitely be on the golf course ... except if it has recently rained.  Because I am funny about sitting in wet grass.

The dogs were not amused with the fireworks ... Dean and I took to calling the 4th what our dogs must call it ... "Night of Terror".  We were so thankful for our neighbors who shot off fireworks until 1am.  Every year.  By the end of the evening ALL of us needed to be on Prozac ... or something stronger!

Y'all.  Summer is almost over.  I have one month to go before I have to be back to school and I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done before that day ... I'm either going to have to wave the white flag or give up the Library for good.  

I'm now off to fold more laundry ... but I must admit ... the other Library book is sitting there begging me to pick it up (20 pages in and I am hooked ... I think we all knows what that means for the rest of the laundry!)


1 comment:

Michael said...

I READ!!!!! - jess