Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

I first read the book, One Thousand Gifts, about two years ago.  Fell in love with it.  I've reread it twice.  It is that good.  Every year I think in my head that I will make my own list of one thousand gifts, but I haven't ... well, this will be the year.  And, to hold myself accountable, they will get their own day ... of course, Thursday.  Because, Thankful Thursday.  Duh.

So, here we go ...

1.  A FaceTime "call" with a girl I love to ring in the new year.  Ahhh.  Technology.
2.  A quiet January 1st with the man I love.
3.  A freezer full of fresh meals to make dinner prep easy in January.
4.  A tick-free day.  Finally!
5.  The knowing that You have been faithful in the past and You will be faithful today.  Please keep whispering it to me.  I NEED to hear it right now.
6.  Dogs snoring past midnight.  The knowing that they will be super happy to see me in the morning.  They love me in spite of me being me.
7.  A garage that is clean.
8.  A husband who comes running at the sound of broken glass and cleans up my mess.
9.  The knowing that we can give anything to you.  You are bigger than all of it.  And able to do more with it than we ever could.
10. Hand lotion.  Man!  My hands have been dry lately!
11. A warm bed.  With a featherbed on top.  Super love!
12. Hot coffee in a big mug.
13. A Christmas break that feels exceptionally long.
14. The laughter of teenage girls in the kitchen.
15. Homemade pizza.  Even the crust.
16. A puppy who snuggles in for a nap.
17. A warm spot by your feet created by a cat who just left the room (um, Kita, next time could you hang out on my side of the bed?!)
18. A cold afternoon and a warm house.

The beginning.  Go read the book.  And, make your own list.  You will find the peace that a heart of gratitude will give you ... and you will find amazing gratitude in the smallest of things.

No comments: