Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Be Still

Well, today was hard.  Not the whole day.  Just the last bit.  I would love to tell you that it wasn't something earth shattering ... but, for a bit it felt like it was.  But, I will tell you this ... hours later it doesn't feel quite so terrible.  Hard? Yes.  Overcomeable? Um, of course.  Will we be OK?  Absolutely.

Because, we aren't in charge of this.  We are doing what we must, but we are trusting the One who loves us more than anyone.  And, He has this.  And, in a bit we are going to look at this day and rejoice in it.  Because we will have learned much.  About who we are.  About what we believe.  About who He is.  About Who we believe.  

You can call me crazy, but in this moment, I am a little bit excited about this trial.  I'm excited about what we are going to learn.  I'm excited about where we will be when we get through this.  And, I know it will all be worth it ... because I am determined for Him to get the glory.

So, for now, I am choosing to be still and know that He is God.

1 comment:

grannimcd said...

So very glad you are 'back'. I have missed you. I read that book a year or two ago and have tried a couple of times to start my list. Maybe 2013 will be "my" year as well. Thanks for your inspiration. Now I must go and read the Proverbs 31 blog. Thanks for returning. Love you and love reading your thoughts.