Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Blog Post Every Day? No. Just No.

Torrey informed me yesterday that there was no reason why I shouldn't be blogging every day. 

Please excuse me while I go and wring her neck. Because I do not sit around and do nothing. Right now I am waging a war on the dog hair that is EVERYWHERE. And I am crafting a letter to the person who told me Cavalier King Charles Spaniels do not shed. Lies. And then there were the cookies that were made today. And the laundry that was folded. And the dinner that was made. People. This ship does not drive itself.

But, let's see ... where are we. Or, better yet ... where have we been?

It is summer. I made it through the last day of school ... barely. I spent most of that weekend crying. And have cried a few times since. I love my job and I love my littles. But, I also love summer. And 2:00 naps.

Torrey completed her Junior year. She is a Senior. College is around the corner. I am really not talking about it. And I may be headed into therapy soon.

Torrey needed a physical for school. I took her. And when her doctor informed us she had pneumonia in the middle of the WELL-CHILD physical we did what any sane people would do ... we laughed. Hard. Because of course she had pneumonia. Torrey has been sick more than she has been well this past school year. There was one visit to the doctor when the doctor told Dean she called back the intern (who had left for the day) because she "knew Torrey would have something weird and the intern wouldn't want to miss it." Yup. That was our year. (It was a little weird to leave with a clean bill of health the following week ... that hasn't happened in a LONG time.)

I spent a week in New Hampshire. For the record ... New Hampshire is fabulous in the summer. Houston ... not so much. I think the warmest it got was in the high 70's. Devine.

Torrey spent a week in Costa Rica on a missions trip. Life changing. She was excited to tell us that she knew more Spanish than she thought she knew. Three years of Spanish paid off ... thank you Senora! She got to do a little zip lining. It sounded fun to me ... and then she showed me the picture of her zip lining UPSIDE DOWN! No. Just no.

Dean did not go to New Hampshire or Costa Rica. Someone had to be home to keep up on the dog hair. Is it possible they are shedding so much because it is hot? Or because we have let their hair get longer? These are the questions we ask in our house. The cats ask, "Why are the dogs still here?" Still not fans.

So, in a nutshell that is where we are. Some big things coming up ... Houston Project Mission 1:8. LAST Fourth of July at Linda and Paul's. Rush Week. School supply shopping. Good times.

Come back tomorrow ... and read this again. Because I am fairly confident I won't be blogging every day!


No comments: