Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Great Beginnings

Wallah ... another blog post.  On two consecutive days.  I feel like I have already accomplished so much in this the two thousand thirteenth year of our Lord.  Actually, I have accomplished much today ... or so it feels.
 I got a text from my sister asking me how my meal making was going.  I decided that in 2013 I was going to cook more.  But, lets face it ... if I am actually going to cook more I am going to have to plan more.  And part of planning more means I will have to get some meals in the freezer.  So, that was my plan for the day.

I may or may not have told her it would be going great if I would get out of bed.  It may or may not have been well after noon.  In the words of Michael Scott, "Sue me."  I did get my act together and I am proud to say that I now have 13 meals in the freezer.   Please feel free to think I am amazing.  Humility is not my word for 2013.
 And, because I haven't blogged in FOREVER, you do not know that there is a new member in the Townsend family ... of the four-legged variety.  His name is Bentley and he is Zack's mini-me.  He is also a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ... and, if you are keeping track, he is number 3.  He was a gift from a family at school.  We are all in love.  And, by we, I am not talking about the cats.  Sophie just forgave me two days ago.

He is quite a cheeky little monkey.  He is a climber ... we have given up on keeping him in the playpen that kept the other two out of trouble when we weren't home.  He loves the other two ... he is quite adorable when he goes and curls up next to Zack or grabs onto Zoey's ears to get her to play with him.  He is a BIG crybaby ... he is sure to let us know when he feels wronged or hurt or scared.  He has also chewed the rungs on EVERY ONE of the dining room chairs.  He was not cute or adorable or my favorite that day.
He drags his bed all over the house ... he takes it to wherever we are.  I was cooking in the kitchen and looked down to see him making himself comfortable. Dean and Torrey got a big chuckle out of him running through the house with a little pillow in his mouth ... we never quite know what mischievousness he will get into next!

This day has been as close to perfect as you can get.  A fun face time "call" with Torrey right after midnight (she was spending the night with a friend).  Sleeping in until noon.  Cooking in the kitchen.  A movie with Dean.  Torrey out with a friend.  Quiet conversations.  2013 is off to a great start!


1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

I made TWO meals. all for this week:) It's a start. I'm so impressed with 13!!!