Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why We are Adding a Few Locks

Spring Break is two days away.  Two.  If you are quiet you can hear the angel's singing.  It has been a long two and half months.  Very long.

We are staying home this year.  Well, half of us are staying home.  Dean will be in Orlando for meetings.  Torrey and I are pretty bitter about it.  He comes home the evening of her 15th birthday ... which only adds salt to the wound.

With or without him we have plans ... none of which involve me going to see that Bieber kid's movie.  Which is totally contrary to Torrey's belief.  I have bigger plans ... cleaning out our closet (AGAIN ... I think it will have to become a bi-annual event!) and adding some locks to the front door.  Mostly because I discovered these on the camera when I got home ...

The past two weeks have been "Interim Term" in high school.  Which basically means for the past two weeks Torrey has been doing fun things.  The first week is all about service ... she served at a homeless mission.  And loved it.  This week has been a little different.  On Monday she went on a walking tour of downtown Houston ... didn't love so much.  Last night she went to see Billy Elliott on Houston's version of Broadway.  Loved.  
Tonight she was headed to see the Blue Man Group.  They have to dress up a bit ... tonight was more casual.  Dean snapped these for me ... mostly because I haven't really seen her since Monday night since she has been out late.
And, seeing these kind of made me cringe.  And, not just because I posted a picture of my girl standing in front of a huge empty wall that needs to be repainted.
No ... I cringed because cuteness is growing up.  When did this happen?  And how? And who gave permission?  

But, I've got no time to sleuth out the answers ... I've got to go add to our lock situation.  I've got a feeling we are going to be needing them soon!

1 comment:

Steve said...

I will send you a picture of me with a shotgun and a shovel. You can hang it where potential sutiors can see it, and we will have tshirts made that she will be required to wear on dates!