Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Voted ... Did You?


Torrey and I booked it out of school so that I could vote.  I know I could have voted early ... but, there is just something about voting on the second Tuesday in the month of November.

There was quite the line ... which was frustrating and exciting all rolled into one.  I love seeing people exercising their right to vote ... our country was 80 years old before all men were given the right to vote and 130 years old before women were allowed to vote.  You better believe I am going to make my voice heard.

And, just in case you think your one little vote doesn't matter, remember 210.  210 was the number of votes that decided our president in the 2000 election.  Well, 209 ... because the deciding vote was mine.  All mine.  You are welcome.

On our walk back to the car a woman asked us if we voted.  We said we did.  And then she told me that she just found out today that she is a Republican and that all these years she has been voting wrong.  She said she had to call her niece and tell her she wasn't really a Democrat after all.  HA!

Tonight I am watching to see what our country is going to do ... we are on the verge of taking our country back.  And that is exciting.  A month from now, or a year or two years our country could look completely different ... praying that we return to being a country who is not afraid to rely on God's help to become great.

No comments: