Monday, November 1, 2010

Bieber Fever

Last Monday, Dean and Torrey headed to Los Angeles for an adventure of epic proportions.  Dean had scored tickets for the Justin Bieber concert at Staples center.  There was a convertible involved.  And an In-N-Out burger.  And a trip to see the stars on the sidewalk.

And, I was home.  My choice.  I thought it would be fine.  And then the pictures starting rolling in to my phone.  And all I wanted to be was where they were.  But, you know what?  I wouldn't have gone even now knowing how fantastic their fun was.  Because the best part of the trip was just the two of them ... together.

Oh, but there were pictures ... because if I wasn't going, Dean WAS taking the camera.  And, I was so glad I made him take the good camera!  Let the fun begin ...


Dean couldn't resist a picture of Torrey in the convertible.  They both loved it ... and she is now begging him to get a convertible.  When she got in his car at the airport she said, "Daddy, your car is lame."  Ha!


They watched a TV show being made ... NCIS Los Angeles.  No sign of Chris O'Donnell or L.L. Cool J.  Maybe next time.


Lunch at In-N-Out burger.  They did not become fans.  For the record, they say Five Guys is MUCH better.  


And then they drove to the Griffith Observatory for a view of the Hollywood sign and amazing views of Los Angeles.  


I loved this picture the minute I saw it.  She is fixing her hair.  Her clothes are comfy for an early morning plane ride.  But the smile ... that is the smile I see on her face when she makes it to my classroom at the end of the day.  Happy to see me.  And, that is why this picture will forever make me smile.  Because it is just my Torrey.


Oh, and this one?  It makes me smile, too.  Because he is mine as well.  And, I know how much this trip meant to him.




Our "star" checking out the stars.  Dean said there were soooo many it was hard to find ones that you knew.  


An oldie but a goodie!

And, then it was time to head to ...



Now, let's stop here to say that this was 2 hours BEFORE they opened the doors.  They didn't eat dinner ... because someone was afraid that they would be late.  So, Dean stood outside waiting to get inside and get something for dinner.

Also, when the tickets came in the mail they were accompanied with a parking pass.  Dean made the decision to drive instead of walk.  When they got there, they found out that they didn't have to wait out front with the throngs of screaming girls, but instead could go to VIP doors.  

Dean texted me about 30 minutes before the doors were supposed to open to tell me it was a madhouse out front but they were waiting at their VIP doors with about 15 people.  He was pretty pleased with himself.

Um, the joy didn't last long ...


Can you find Torrey in the throng?  Her hair is pulled back just a little.  This was minutes after some crazy girl in the crowd insisted she saw Justin Bieber inside and a near riot broke out!


But, soon all was right with the world because they were in their seats and dinner was served.  Torrey changed her shirt and texted a message to JB and it flashed up on the screen ... several times.


And then she plopped herself on the ledge and waiting for the show to begin.  Dean had no idea what kind of tickets he had gotten (for free ... remember?) ... but, they were in a suite with 8 other people.  Big comfy chairs.  Some guy coming around with desserts.  Perfect view of the stage.  Dean was in Nirvana.  It made the night even more special.


Torrey texted me this picture.  I texted her back asking if it was a hamster ball.  Um, no.  It was how JB made it to the stage ...


tada!  Let the show begin!






Torrey was already a fan ... but, by the end of the night she had converted her dad too!  He was impressed with how talented he was ... and, perhaps a bit surprised too.  I guess he was more than a pretty face!


I daresay of all the sweet memories Dean and Torrey made, this one will be the one Dean carries in his heart forever ... his girl.  Joy.  Anticipation.  Just the two of them.   

We are painfully aware that there is a clock ticking.  The ticking is getting louder and soon she will be off ... but these moments, these memories seem to slow down the clock just a bit.  And we will take them ... even if they are just for a night!

2 comments:

grannimcd said...

Tracy, a FANTASTIC blog. It is making tear up just to think of what a GREAT memory this is for you and Dean. Sorry you didn't get to go, but glad you have such a sweet and cherished memory for them . You are one big-hearted gal. Glad you are mine. xoxoxo

Al & Judy Melton said...

Love it. What a great trip for the two of them. And you are right, it will be a cherished memory.Way to go Dean