Sunday, July 4, 2010

Insomnia is NOT my Friend!

Every now and then I get insomnia ... sleep, no matter how hard I try, will not come. It is gross. And, on my last nerve. There is nothing big on my mind ... just a lot of little things. Like this ...


-Loved going to Wicked last night. Loved. Loved. Loved. When Elphaba came out I cheered ... and Dean whispered to me, "What are you doing?" Next time he sees it he will cheer when she makes it to the stage too!


-Going to Linda and Paul's for the 4th tomorrow. Torrey helped me ice cookies. I made cupcakes too ... Dean announced they are both delicious. But, he loves him a cupcake made from scratch a Duncan Hines cake mix.


-Torrey finished summer school with an A. She officially has 3 credits under her belt for high school. We will NOT be doing summer school next summer. It was painful ... for all of us!


-Zoey has joined Zack in the "ailment brigade" ... and not in a good way. Zack has hip displasia ... which means at some point (in the far distant future) he may need hip replacement surgery. Fantastic. He is a dog, for crying out loud. Zoey was recently diagnosed with something or other with her knee joints ... basically they are too loose. She will need to have surgery (in the near future) to have her ligaments or joints or something tightened up. Again, a dog. Do I really need to tell you that our vet rolls out a red carpet when we arrive with any or all of the pets. Torrey's decision to be a vet may or may not be her choice. (I kid ... all her. Thank goodness!)


-The youth interns will be coming over for dinner on Friday night. There are 8 of them. How much will 8 college students eat? I have no idea. Going with bar-b-cue.


-July 1st has passed. But, not without a weird "back to school" dream. Every year ... I kid you not. They are all the same ... class arrives before I am ready and I don't know anyone's names and I lose a kid (or two) on the way to or from convocation. Stress. I could so be those kids moping behind their dad in the Staples commercial.


-I have been cruising around crafting websites. I seriously have spent days looking at EVERY idea. This is going to be a handmade Christmas ... because it is what I would want and because I think it is more thoughtful. I have found a plethora of ideas ... quiet books to die for, washer necklaces etc. etc. etc. 


-We bought new furniture for the family room. Joy! There may or may not have been an almost purchase of 3 pillows at an insane price. The cost of the fabric was $102 a yard. A YARD! Dean asked the sales woman if the fabric was made out of gold. I think that sticker shock is what sent me to crafting websites ... oh the pillows you could make!


-My mom called me on Thursday to see if we were floating away from Hurricane Alex. I laughed. Clearly I should not have done that ... yesterday was miserable. The last time I saw rain like that we had a day off from school because of flooding. We drove downtown to see Wicked. In the rain. Through puddles. There was a curb jumping incident because of flooding. FYI ... a navigation system in your car is no good when the streets ahead of you are flooded. Susie Sequoia kept trying to send us into the mess. Today, we all reveled at the sun ... and, wondered what it was!


-Yes, we name our navigation systems. The above mentioned Susie and there is also Elaine Garmain. We know for a fact we are not the only ones.


-Feeling like changes are coming for our family. Good changes. (Not getting bigger kind of changes!) Could be exciting changes. I am trying to become one with the changes ... because change is not always my friend.


-Dean and I have been married for EIGHTEEN years. Wowzers. We were such babies then ... still are. 


-I have been getting comments written in Chinese. I usually post all of my comments, but I do not and will not post those ... simply because I can't read them. So, to the loyal person across the world who keeps coming back, I'm not trying to be mean, but, I don't know what you are saying.


And, I think that is all I got. Hopefully I will now be able to sleep ... if not, I may be back!


Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Too bad you can't work night shift... it might work well for you! Perhaps if you homeschooled Tor, she would consent to some 3am classes??

FYI, Dean, you are SUPPOSED to cheer for Elphaba. At least she didn't name your cat after her.