Friday, June 25, 2010

Torrey Graduated from 8th Grade ... a Month Ago!

First, I realize I am late with this post. As in really late. The day was crazy.  With a capital C. And, around 10:00, when I thought I could call the day finished, I started getting text messages from my sister demanding to see pictures. I tried to do a post then, but the new computer and I were not bff's yet and I could not post any pictures to blogger from iPhoto. And, in my frustration almost decided to not do a post about the day. Almost.


The fun actually started on the night before. My parents flew into town. I was a bit giddy from having completed 15 (out of 16) conferences. Torrey was feeling like a high schooler. Prematurely I might add. And, there were gifts. It was a good night.
Oh, I forgot the BEST part. Someone got her braces off the day before. Joy. Joy. Joy. Perhaps she wasn't so premature with the high school thing after all!
 In between Grammy and Gram who enjoyed watching her open her presents.
Torrey got a charm bracelet for Christmas. Dean and I have had the most fun filling up the bracelet with charms that represent big days in Torrey's life. She got her class year and a shoe to represent heading into high school and her first dance. Linda and Paul gave her a diploma for 8th grade graduation and she got a popcorn charm for getting her braces off.
My parents got her a beautiful cross necklace from Israel. The stone inside is greenish-blue. Love it.
Someone enjoys a little cash. She squirreled it away in her savings account pretty quick. Proud of her for that!

Dean and I got her a guitar. She has been wanting one, but I didn't know she could play the thing.  She whipped it out and played a song.  She has been amazing us with songs she is teaching herself. Dean was hoping she wouldn't love it so he could have it for himself!
The next morning we headed to school for her graduation ceremony.
She walked in (and out) with her friend Ethan. Makes me sad to see her so grown up ... she has become an amazing young lady.


Each of the students were presented with a Bible (to use in their 9th grade Bible class) and a diploma. Her friend Elizabeth gave a beautiful speech. A young man who graduated from Second 5 or 6 years ago gave a challenge to the students. It was a lovely service.
The class of 2014. Torrey is smack dab in the middle!
My dad and I ran across the street before the service so my dad could buy Torrey flowers. She loved them ... and, he loved getting them for her!






Oh, sweet Torrey.  How much you are loved!  And, how much you love.  You have been our greatest gift ... beyond what we are worthy of! God has plans for you that are beyond your wildest imagination.  We can't wait to watch them unfold as He continues to grow you into the young lady He has planned for you to be since before you were born! Enjoy High School ... and make every moment count!
Torrey Elisabeth Townsend
Class of 2014

1 comment:

Dean T. said...

My daughter is gorgeous. :-)