Sunday, February 21, 2010

Seriously?

Torrey got home Friday night.  Exhausted.  But, home.  

We let her sleep late on Saturday.  Dean and I ran out for a bit (more on that later.)  When we got home she had what we thought was the start of a cold.

Dean took her out to pick up a new camera and to get a charm put on her bracelet.  There was also a stop at the store for some medicine.  By the time they got home, she was spent.  There was a rest until dinner ... for all of us.  Not so unusual for Dean and I, but for her, weird.

She ate dinner.  And, then fell apart.  A quick taking of her temp told the tale.

She was sick.  Flu?  Had the shot, so probably not.  Virus?  Possibly.  Swine Flu?  Probably not ... when was the last time you heard of someone with H1N1?

Torrey's friends started posting on Facebook that they were feeling sick.  Many many friends.  Which became our first clue that this may be more than what we thought.

So, this morning Dean headed off to church and I stayed home with our girl.  Who woke up again with a fever.  Dean and I decided it was better to be safe than sorry, so off we headed to the clinic to "just have her checked."

I fully prepared myself to hear she had a virus.

After they swabbed her nose for the flu test, we were told it would take 5 minutes to know if she had the flu.  She barely got that sentence out before she said, "Oh my.  She has H1N1."

Seriously?

Torrey and I looked at each other and laughed.  Which was a totally weird reaction to hearing you have the dreaded swine flu.

And, now?  She is resting ... loaded up with Tamiflu and fluids.  We both got a few days off this week ... and she is enjoying having Dean and I at her beck and call.

She will not be getting a bell.