Friday, May 1, 2009

A Reason to be Thankful for the Swine Flu

I am about to admit something that probably only Dean knows about me. I LOATHE the "meet and greet" time at church. What are the proper etiquette rules about the "meet and greet"? How many people's hands do you have to shake? Do you only stay in your area or do you roam the entire congregation looking for your friends? What if you are only sitting by your family ... do you have to shake their hands too? Oh, Emily Post we need your help.

Not my thing. At all. And, I am a people person. There is a reason why we surround ourselves with friends at church. There is a reason.

We got the best email from church this week. Due to the swine flu they will not be having the "meet and greet" this week. Can I get an "amen"? How about a "hallelujah"?

So thankful for the swine flu. So thankful

And, I was asked this week if it was a big deal to me (the flu, that is). And, I just said "Um, we live in Texas." School districts are closing around us. There have been a few cases in our area. I am not nervous however. One of my Kinderfriends told me today that their baseball game was cancelled because the other team were "scaredy cats" of the virus. HA!

6 comments:

grannimcd said...

I am in TOTAL agreement with you on the 'meet and greet' foolishness. I HATE it. Maybe your church could send a memo to all churches in the area to withhold the M+G indefinitely! That would definitely get an AMEN and a HALLELUJAH!!! from me.....I'm with ya girl.

jaywalker said...

now, what to wear to match a lovely bright blue face mask??

Al & Judy Melton said...

Ohhh you are just the kind of people I LOVE to sit near in church (people who hate M&G). I love seeking you out - especially hugging and asking ... "so, tell me all about your week!" while I am looking all around for my next victim! Life is too short, too full of junk, ya gotta find your fun where you can!

Steve said...

You know sis, if you time your arrival right, the meet and greet part of the service is already done. Of course it helps if you sit in the back instead of up front!

jaywalker said...

hey, the kids still LOVE the toys you gave them at christmas time... ellie's favorite thing is her beads, but they both have become fixated on the magnet lunch boxes... ellie is carrying hers around the house at this very moment. it looks pretty funny as she is also wearing a backpack... and only underwear. :)

glenn said...

just remember God can allow us to get the swine flu or not.your faverite brother in law