Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Elfs Did It!

So, today we wrote about our favorite Bible story of the year. My little buddy said "When Mary was crying in the tunnel." The tunnel? I am right there in Bible, how could I have missed this? He used his hands to make a "tunnel". Um, that would be a tomb. The rest of the conversation went something like this ...

me: You mean the tomb?
LB: Yes, the tomb.
me: Why was she crying at the tomb?
LB: Because the big stone was moved and someone had stolen her Lord.

(Now, let me clarify something. At this point I really thought we were back on track. I mean, he knew she was crying because "her Lord" was missing. If only I could see ahead in time, I would have known to stop while I was ahead. But, read on ... I did not stop.)

me: Who rolled away the stone?
LB: Well, that would have been the elfs.
me: The elfs?
LB: Yes, the elfs.

I quickly clarified that it wasn't the "elfs", but rather the angel who rolled away the stone. How I did this without laughing I will never know ... must have been the elfs!

My parents are home after spending over 3 months in Israel serving at the Garden Tomb ... will you ever be able to look at that stone without a little giggle?!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

completely hilarious! hahahahahaha.

Al & Judy Melton said...

Ahhh Tracy... how cute... fyi Jennifer, we need to borrow that elf and take him back with us to Israel in September... maybe he can find the stone that is missing! love ya, dad