Saturday, April 4, 2009

Who Are YOUR "Peoples"?

So, yesterday was the funnest day of the school year. The funnest. It was our annual field day/carnival. That's right ... I spent my day eating cotton candy! (Well, not really ... I did have to teach for the first 2 hours. I came to the sad conclusion that the week leading up to EagleFest is worse than the week before Christmas in Kindergarten!)

Invisible ink is part of the fun of the carnival. There was a crazy line as soon as the carnival opened. And, these kids are serious ... they buy as much invisible ink as they have tickets for and pour the little bottles into water guns. As a teacher, you really don't stand a chance. It is their one day to pay you back for color changes. HA!

Last year the computer teacher squirted me as I walked by. I said, "Really?!" and she told me my shirt was too white. I told her I would get her back on a day of my choosing and she would not know when. That day came yesterday.

I may (or may not) have told my class they must get Miss Kyzar for me.

The day before EagleFest as we were again going over the rules of the day I reminded them to not squirt the invisible ink in anyone's faces. And then she said it ...

Bella announced, "Don't worry Mrs. Townsend. Your peoples will get Miss Kyzar for you!"

That's right. I have "peoples" ... and they were willing to go into battle for me. Sorry Miss Kyzar ... I didn't mean to unleash my "peoples" on you!

Which leads me to wonder. Who are your "peoples"? And, who are you a "people" for? Who would you be willing to go into battle for? Who would you be willing to stand beside and stand with? On your worst day or your best day who are the "peoples" who will be there with you?

I have also begun to wonder what I will do for material on this blog when Bella moves on to first grade. I just may keep her back ... because everyone knows you need some good "peoples" in your class!

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

ooo here's a thought - maybe your "people's" can help you pack and move?