Sunday, April 5, 2009

Moving ... Again!

Dean and I have moved more times in our marriage than can be counted on two hands. We commented today that we are about to move into Torrey's 8th house. We have moved twice across the country. We have moved around the corner and down the street. Not sure which is easier.

We commute about an hour to get to school and church ... and to our "real life." I have almost come to view our house as a place to sleep, because that is about all I do there. Torrey is heading into 8th grade and as much as we have tried to stop the inevitable, high school is just around the corner (shudder). We knew it was time to do something.

And, so we have put our house on the market. When it sells we will move the 20+ miles into Houston. While our house will be smaller, our neighborhood a little noisier, our "living" will be so much better. We are all excited about the prospect of a 15 minute commute. Life changing.

Now, that is not to say "someone" (who writes this blog) hasn't had a few meltdowns this week. This is the first time we have sold a house without "knowing" where we will be ... we know the area, just not the house. I can't picture it in my head. I can't imagine living there. I can't dream about what it will be like. I take comfort in the knowing that God is going before us. In knowing that the perfect house for us is being prepared. In believing that everything will be revealed in exactly the right moment. I also am secretly hoping for a fairy to come and pack for me ... hey! a girl has to dream!

Keep watching ... the house could sell at any moment ... we have had two showings this weekend. And, until then, we wait. And, we all know how much I love waiting!

6 comments:

Steve said...

This "fairy" that you want to come help you pack, how much are you willing to pay?

Michael said...

WOW!!!! i know you guys loved your area... i know how sad you must be to leave it... but i'm sure there's also excitement. i hate change like you do so i'm sure i would be a basketcase. we need ALL the details as you start house-hunting!
jessica

Al & Judy Melton said...

Hmmmm? Is this kinda like leaving Florida, moving to Southbridge, not knowing where you were going to live and trusting total strangers to find just the right place for you and liking it??? Maybe we should appologize for setting those gypsy examples for you! or maybe we should just pray... or come help -- whatever... looking forward to THURSDAY!!! lots of laughs on the agenda... love ya, dad

Jennifer McGregor said...

Remember when you moved into your FIRST house? That's how I'M willing to help... babysitting Torrey. Let me know when we can expect your "Little Princess"!! :)

Torrey Townsend said...

You forgot to mention that I will be so much closer to all of my friends! :) and, we timed it and it took 7-11 minutes! :) *mwahhaha!* :)

grannimcd said...

Am I the only one who is excited about this move?????
I am psyched that you will be closer to us!!!!!
And you better not get a house with a pool - otherwise you would never come up and see us in the boonies....