Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today Wasn't Really ALL Bad

Let me begin by stating the obvious ... I am a "blog stalker". As in I read several blogs of people who in the real world are strangers. However, in blog world, they are my bffs. And, I take great joy in knowing that I have hooked my sister on a few of my favorite blogs!

Anyways, I commented on one of my favorite daily reads and today when I got to school I found I had a reply from her. As in an email. Maybe we aren't bffs only in blog world (or my imagination) ... could we also be bffs in real life?! It was a good day.

Secondly, I am an avid watcher of the Duggar family ... as in TLC's "18 Children and Counting". Tonight their oldest son and his wife (Oh, yes I did watch their wedding. It was fabulous ... only made better by the fact that Dean agreed to watch it with me. He does not share my love of all things Duggar!) announced they are expecting. I may, or may not, have cried I was so happy with the news. I am especially excited to see their baby gift registry ... since their wedding registry had M&M's and coke products on it. (I kid you not ... see why I love them? Everyone knows how important M&M's and coke are to a marriage!) It was a good day.

Thirdly, I just discovered "Tiaras and Toddlers" on TLC. Do I really need to tell you that Dean is out of town? The contestant just said, "In my six years I have done many marvelous things. Such as ice skating, soccer, the chess team, dancing, gymnastics, modeling, TV work, and of course pageants." Seriously. Because of the magic that is dvr I was able to watch it more than once ... didn't want to misquote her! What? No time for solving the problem of world peace? Seriously, the crown needs to go to the crazy crying mothers standing in the wings. Oh Dean, please come home soon!

And, lastly, I forgot to mention that yesterday I got something AWESOME in the mail. An autographed picture of President and Mrs. Bush. Mailed to me. In an envelope with my name on it. Written with a pen. Not a label. All because my sister sent him a copy of this blog. Still missing you Mr. President. Still missing you. (Maybe this time I will get a letter to go along with picture!)

So, today wasn't a total loss. Now, I must run ... there is about to be a "Mardi Gras" competition on Toddlers and Tiaras. One mom just told her 5 year old daughter to not be a "hoochie" ... what planet am I on?!

No comments: