Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Hit the Wall Today

Not a real wall, but that "wall" you hit when you have had enough. As if the house damage wasn't enough, Dean and Torrey have both been sick today and Tor really wants to go to school tomorrow because there is a field trip to Austin (what do we do? send her or not?), a co-worker had a biopsy yesterday and was called today and told to come back tomorrow and bring her husband ... we are assuming it is cancer, I have a friend in my class who is having a hard time and I am at my wits end to know how in the world to meet his needs and at the same time get him to obey me, there is a hamster living in my house, conferences are coming up and report cards are due on Monday. I am tired. I know that we have said we are "fine" ... but it doesn't feel like that today.

Why blog this? Because a month from now (or 2 or 6 months or 5 years) we will be on the other side of THIS, and while I don't want to walk this road (or this day) again, I want to remember how God brought us through it. I want to remember that it is OK to cry. That it is OK to be tired. That it is OK to be unsure of how to perform my job to my best ability. That it is OK to not have all the answers. That it is OK to hit the wall every now and then. It is OK.

4 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

You are absolutely right daughter... even "this" is OK because we know our eternal destiny. And "this" we can get through, even our darkest most bleak hour, or day, or month, or year... we can get through it with His grace! I'm sending you a hug along with lots of prayers and love! dad

jaywalker said...

you can think of us and smile. ellie pooped in the bathtub last week and last week while poring through my purse for candy during church, they yanked out my tampon.

Allana Martian said...

I totally needed to read this today! I had a "wall" day today, as well. Thank you for blogging about it and putting your day in perspective. It helps me remember that "this to, shall pass".

grannimcd said...

You guys need to come up for a swim and a relaxing day by the pool. We will even turn the heater on - if it works. You can bring the dog, but leave the hamster at home please. Gussi would be too scared of it!