Sunday, July 1, 2012

We Really Are Alive

It has been two and a half months since I last posted.  Ya'll.  I had no idea. Blogger cried when I signed in ... it must have thought I died. Let's see ... where have we been? Well ...


The school year ended.  A long time ago.  It is almost time to go back.  I was in love with my little class this year and GRIEVED letting them go.  It was pitiful.  Mostly because I pretty much grieved May 25th for most of the year.  My class was that good.  Torrey is no longer a sophomore.  It is painful for me to say she is a junior ... so I am not.  


I had big plans to blog every day when school got out.  But, there was an incident.  We went to Linda's for Memorial Day and I was going to take a picture of Torrey and her friend in the pool and I took a step and went down like a ton of bricks.  I hurt my arm and my leg.  Evidently I hurt my leg pretty good because it still hurts ... but only when I get a pedicure.  I'm sure you are all feeling sorry for me.  Anywho ... the camera was broken for a day.  And I was sad.  Dean came to my rescue (for about the billionth time) and somehow fixed it.  He cannot go in the camera repair business because he has no idea what he did, but suffice it to say it was fixed. For about a week.  And then it got wonky again ... but it went to the repair shop and seems to be fine. There is a lesson to be learned in all of this kids ... beware open filter traps.  They are not your friend.


Torrey and I went to Florida.  And had a blast.  As always.  


We repainted Torrey's room and bathroom.  Blue.  For those of you keeping score, that would make the fourth time the room has been painted.  And, ironically, we are back to where we started.  It will not be painted again.  I will probably eat those words.


Torrey went on a mission trip to Canada.  She did not come back the same girl we sent ... and Dean and I could not be more thrilled.


Dean and I went on a trip to Seattle.  For the love of the coffee.  And the farmers market.  The flowers were amazing and I ate the best peach I have ever eaten.  Dean ate an apple that was exquisite.  So said the seller ... and he was right.


And, here we are ... July.  And a smidgen of summer left that is packed FULL with fun stuff ... the 4th of July at Linda's, a visit from Bruce, Houston Project, and Rush Week.  Maybe if you are lucky I will blog about it.  But, you may not want to hold your breath!


No comments: