Monday, July 2, 2012

Are you a Chiweeni?

Torrey and I were in the airport in Tampa headed home when we spotted a dog in a carrier.  Evidently I am now a dog person (go ahead and laugh) because I was attracted to that little dog like a fly to flypaper.  We asked the dog parents what kind of dog it was.  They were so proud to tell us he (or she) was a Chiweeni.


Insert crickets here.


I immediately thought, you mean a mutt.  And then I proceeded to sit in the airport and wait for our flight and I pondered that Chiweeni.  And on the two hour flight home I was still pondering the Chiweeni.  And weeks later I am still pondering that Chiweeni.


Because for real, that dog was a mutt.  But, to his dog parents, he was a Chiweeni (it must be said with a singing voice) and terribly loved.  And isn't that the way God sees us?  We are mutts ... plain and simple.  But He sees us as Chiweenis ... and oh so terribly loved.


I'm a Chiweeni ... are you?

No comments: