Friday, July 13, 2012

iPhriday ... The Beginning of Summer Edition

Our tour of the iPhone pictures begins before summer actually began ... but, when it is 80 degrees at six in the morning, you can call it summer. Only in Texas. Without further adieu ...
 This sight will never get old.  Our drive to school is long.  Thank goodness for KSBJ and my love to sing along with the radio!  Every morning, we make a right hand turn on a bit of a back woods road on our way to the freeway and this is what I see.  Gorgeous!  For the record ... it is only this beautiful in the Spring and Fall ... which is why I totally love daylight savings time!
 Torrey came home from school one day with glitter hair extensions.  They were sparkly and fun ... and stayed in for quite awhile.
 I took my Kindergarten class to the beach for a field trip.  The bus driver slammed on the brakes at the moment I stood up and I went flying ... the moms who came along assured me I didn't make too big a fool of myself.  Somehow I get the feeling they were being nice.
 My friend Lana is expecting little Libby any day.  We had a shower for her at school near the end of the year.  I made these felt flowers for a centerpiece and for the little Liblet.  I will admit I was really hoping she would hate them (because I wanted to keep them).  She didn't.  And they look cute in Libby's nursery.  But it still makes me sad.  
 On the last day of school, four of my littles wore the same shirt.  Itwassuperexciting! When the fourth girl came in we all screamed!  I've said it a million times ... Kindergarten is the best!
 I loved my little class and they loved me.  This still makes me well up with tears.
 This is actually summer ... finally!  Torrey got her hair cut and highlighted.  It is super cute.  She was on her way to her friend Liz's birthday party ... I'm still not sure I love the fact that she is growing up!
 She is darlin'.  And headed to "base camp" to train for her mission trip to Canada.  They spent two days at church getting ready for the trip.
 This appeared on my phone at o'dark thirty on the morning she left for Canada.  For the record ... I was still asleep.  Torrey went to Canada with about 15 other kids from her youth group ... including her best buds Kiersten and Izzy.  Love all three of them! 
 The best pen ever comes in cool colors.  And I am so happy.  And, yes.  I am in love with office supplies.  I do not apologize.
 Loading these in my car made me super happy.  Organizing is so fun.  If I ever stop teaching I may become a professional organizer.  Or a planner of children's parties.  Or a coffee drinker.  I think we all know which of the three it will be.
 Torrey has to have a sports physical and a school physical every year.  It is always super exciting for her.  She passed.
 I'm not the only one who loves office supplies!  Shopping for back to school supplies is always a family affair.  And, yes ... that entire cart is full of Torrey's things.  I just realized we only have one more year of back to school shopping to go ... boo.
Torrey sent me a text late one night with a picture of a commercial announcing that today Starbucks was giving away a free drink ... they were promoting their new "Refreshers".  Torrey ditched me, but I gave it a whirl ... um, not as bad as the honey latte, but close.  Good thing it was free!

And, that kids is another iPhriday.  This next week will be a busy one ... hopefully that means a lot of pictures.  But, you and I both know you will probably not see them until two months from now.  Happy iPhriday the thirteenth!

No comments: