Friday, July 8, 2011

iPhriday

I would call this one the "Florida-Edition" of iPhriday, but not all of the pictures were taken in Florida ... so it will just be iPhriday ... which will make my sister very happy.  Evidently she is now living for the iPhriday posts.
 The flowers at the front of our neighborhood.  I love them very much.  Only because of the Black-Eyed Susans.  When my parents lived in Massachusetts, the circle in front of their house was full of Black-Eyed Susans during the summer.  Can't wait to see my mom this week. 
 Nikita has found a new spot to sleep.  Zack's crate.  Which is funny for two reasons ... 1) because Kita still HATES the dogs and 2) because if Zackie ever went in his crate and found the cat there it would be his best. day. ever.  Ever.
 We headed for Tampa early on Tuesday morning.  Always exciting when you see your plane arrive.  And, Southwest Airlines ... the Townsend family loves you.  A lot.
 Ready to head to Florida ... to work on her tan.  Because she was looking a bit pale!
 First stop?  Tijuana Flats.  I kid ... we stopped by Jen's to pick her up and then we hit the Flats.
 And, the reason she had to be picked up.  Still broken.  She is really over it.  Thanks guy for hitting her with your car.  (Well, he didn't hit "her", he actually hit her car.)
 My mom was giving choices for dessert.  I was helping by being her "mouth" with the tongs.  It really made us laugh.  Perhaps I should take my show on the road!
 We visited my cousin Adela and Aunt Flo.  Adela had an adorable kitten.  Torrey fed the cat water ... and fell in love with the little buggar.
 Adela's youngest son ... and my brother's mini-me.  Adorable.  Sadly he is the only one I took a picture of.  Worst blogger ever.
 One good thing about my mom having had knee surgery and Jen breaking her foot ... fun toys for the kids to play with.  Torrey gave the walker on wheels a twirl.  Carly has already claimed Jen's boot when she is done with it.  I tried out instagram ... not sure how I feel about it.  Maybe I should have an instagram iPhriday?  We'll see.
 There was a lot of this going on this week.  Little Big Planet on Playstation 3.  All FOUR of the kids loved it ... yes, we are counting Ryan in with the kids.  Trophies and hats were won.  There was lots of laughter.  Lots.  
 On Friday we were going to go to the beach.  And then there was a monsoon.  For real.  It rained all day long.  Which caused us to call "Pajama Day" ... best. decision. ever.  We watched girl movies and made snacks.  There was melted chocolate involved.  Carly was in charge of dipping things in the chocolate.  She started with marshmallows and quickly moved onto other things ... crackers, goldfish, popcorn.  We suggested cat food ... thankfully she chose not to listen to us!
Mom and Dad came over for dinner.  Pajama Day was still going strong.  We tried to tell them they HAD to come in their pajamas ... they chose not to play along.  We watched "Secretariat" ... loved.  I knew how it would end, I just didn't know that the horse would win so spectacularly. 

Another iPhriday in the bag ... let's call this one the Pajama Day version.  Because I loved that day and want to live it again.  And again.  And again. 

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Pajama day ROCKED!!! And Mom talking with the tongs was the funniest thing ever!!! Hilarious. Thank you for posting... Great memories!!!