Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're Baaaaack!

Well, school started for us last Wednesday. Torrey is in high school. High School. Gag. I did take the most darling pictures of her on her first day of high school, but blogger is giving me fits when I try to upload them. Oh, blogger, why do you hate me so?

Torrey seems to like high school. Middle school, we will NOT miss you. She is playing volleyball. Or, should I say, WAS playing volleyball. She rolled her ankle during warmup yesterday and wound up with a sprain. The trainer is working with her and we are hopeful she will be back on the court quickly. She seemed to be the most upset about missing her game (she hurt her ankle less than 2 minutes before the game started) ... we will be investing in ankle guards!

My class. Oh, my class. Scrumptious. Again. Funny. Again. God is good. Again. I overheard one of my girls say on the playground, "Our devious plan has been foiled." Dean wanted to know what the devious plan was. Um, it was foiled, so I didn't really care. I had one cry because his mom gave him chocolate covered pretzels ... and, they weren't tears of joy. And, I had one singing the Staples jingle (that was easy) ... when I asked him why, he told me he just loved it. Guess who is valedictorian of my Kindergarten class?!

And, so, after a busy summer, we are back. And, it feels good!

2 comments:

Rochel said...

Love the make-over! It's beautiful :) Can't believe Torrey is in HS...crazy!

grannimcd said...

We always say that kindergarten teacher is not what you do, but it truly is who you are! So sorry you are not Austin's teacher.....
Love, love, love the new blog makeover.....