Friday, August 6, 2010

Because Jesus Wanted Us to Have Fun

Jennifer came to visit this week. And, it was fun from the beginning to the end. Well, not so much at the end because I was really sad she was leaving. Really sad. 


I think we mostly stayed around the house on Sunday. Torrey was still fighting the bug she brought home from Rush Week, so it was a blur. There were Sunday afternoon naps, I forced encouraged Jen to make over my blog, we decided that blog makeovers were beyond us and we resorted to finding someone to do it professionally, which then led to the renaming of my blog (just like the "Rush Week Bug", the renaming of the blog would live on and on and on ... it is harder than it looks!) I made kettle corn, the best corn chowder any of us had ever eaten and an actual dinner. It was a full day and we went to bed with the blog still unnamed and Torrey starting to feel better.


On Monday, Torrey was at two-a-days for volleyball and Jennifer and I hit the road early.  We had a lot to do. And, I do mean a lot. We got pedicures/manicures. Went to a scrapbook store ... while we were in the parking lot I got a call that my cabinets HAD to be cleaned out by Wednesday. I was not a happy camper. And, then we pulled on the door of the scrapbook store and realized it was closed. Forever. (I redeemed myself the next day.) We then went to Hobby Lobby. After that it was a visit to Harbor Freight Tools ... we were the only girls in there ... the price you will pay to be able to hammer words on washers. We had a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A. And then we were off to see Dinner For Schmucks ... which just may be my funniest movie ever. But, as a disclaimer, you may need to be a fan of The Office to enjoy it. After that we ran by the school to see my cabinets and to measure for things and then we got Torrey and headed to the mall. Torrey got a makeover at Sephora, we picked up a ring at James Avery and I got pillows at Pottery Barn. We got dinner at Panera Bread and then hit up Target for organizational supplies. We dragged ourselves home around 9:00 and so ended our second day. With Torrey still well and my blog still unnamed.


And, then Tuesday came. And I took pictures (aaaaaaaaaaaah *in a singing voice*) We dropped Torrey at practice and went to Starbucks. Although, truthfully what we were about to attempt needed something stronger than Starbucks! 


And, then we headed to the school to face the dreaded cabinets. I had two cabinets still in my room and two filing cabinets and both had to be emptied ... before 11:30 when Torrey was going to appear in my room for lunch.


We are professionals. All I am going to say. 


Jen rocked the shoeboxes and shoeboxes and shoeboxes of doo-dads that teachers need. And, she barely mocked my need for a million rolls of masking tape. Barely.


Meanwhile, I was here ...
Trying to get these in a semblance of order. I like things to be just so. I do not like to search for hours to find something I know I have. Organization is my friend at school. My best friend. 


We were done by 11:15 ... it took us about 2 hours. It helped to have a plan before we set foot in the room and it helped that we were moving organized cabinets into organized cabinets




Torrey arrived and we were done (and a bit giddy) and we left for lunch at Escalantes. Best chips and queso ever. Ever.


 And since Jen had worked so hard in my classroom, we headed to Crave Cupcakes for what else ...


CUPCAKES! Strawberry for me. Peanut butter cup for Jen. Torrey got hers to go. Which posed a problem since we were running errands and it was 110 degrees out. Oh, Texas summers how I despise you.


We dropped Torrey off at volleyball practice and headed to a Scrapbook store ...
And, it was open for business. And we were glad. Very very glad.


Jen was in heaven. She is paper girl. I am fabric. At least that is what I keep saying.


We then went to Hobby Lobby and Lowes. And ran back to grab Torrey as fast as we could because we were making a run to Mamm's for the best snow cone ever.


All the while we were schlepping this in my purse ...


The things we will do to protect a delicious cupcake. And, just so you know ... it is totally natural to ask "Where is the cupcake?" and answer "In my purse." Jen barely mocked me. Barely.


Things started to go downhill from here because Torrey came out from practice sick sick sick. She still wanted to go to Mamm's though.


Because she is my girl.


When we got there, she decided she just wanted ice ... no flavoring. She was clearly sick. 


She made us laugh when she announced just plain ice isn't as good as the real thing. Of course not, silly goose!


After a movie Tuesday night ended. With Torrey sick and my blog still unnamed.


Wednesday was a low-key day. A trip to the farm stand and the grocery store. More cooking of meals to put in my freezer. A movie. Projects in the clean craft room. And Wednesday night ended with Torrey still sick and my blog still unnamed.


Jen had an early morning flight. And it was gross ... not because her flight was early, but because she was leaving me.


But, we knew we would have fun. Partly because Jen has the sight. But, mostly because Jesus wanted us to have fun. And we did.

3 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

I DO have The Sight! And I was not barely mocking you. That was full-on mockery. Nobody needs 6 rolls of masking tape, and The Cupcake? Still think you should consider "... not so randumb" for your blog. Ryan is pure genius.
Thanks for all the fun! "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh"!!!!

Steve said...

"...not so randumb"! "...not so randumb"! I want it to be "...not so randumb"! I love it!!!! And how come when I came to visit I didn't get no cupcake?

Al & Judy Melton said...

One more vote (make that two) for "...not so randumb"

Wish I had thought of it first!