Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Sweet Surprise

I'm sure you are thinking that the "sweet surprise" is the fact that I am finally updating my blog. It has been awhile. So long, in fact, that my blog said "who are you?" when I tried to log on. Nice.


Today we headed to our favorite swimming hole. That would be the one in Linda and Paul's backyard. We spent Memorial Day there ... but, you didn't know that because the updates on the blog have been, well, never long ago. One day this summer you will check in and see an update about Memorial Day and you will smile because it was fun. But, I digress ... as usual.


Anyways, we went to Pinehurst with our towels, the dogs and the key to Linda and Paul's house ... because they weren't home. They are traveling across America to go to Paul Andrew and Stephanie's wedding. Summer School is keeping us home. You didn't know about Summer School? Man! I have to update the blog!


We pulled up to the house and there in the driveway was Mike and Jessica's truck ... because great minds think alike. Actually, Mike was on his way to the airport to attend the above mentioned wedding. He didn't stay long. At all. The rest of us thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon in the pool. A HOT afternoon in the pool.
A. enjoyed showing off his Spiderman bathing suit. The only time he spent out of the water was when he was on the side ready to jump in ... he is becoming quite the swimmer!
E. and her goggles. Scrumptious!  She swam and swam and swam ... and most of the time her goggles were perched precariously on her face. Later in the day I realized she was wearing the goggles, her life vest and purple beads. Girlfriend knows how to accessorize!
Just in case you think E. holds the market on scrumptious ... A. is pretty delicious himself! I had to take this picture because he wanted to see himself in the last one. Technology is amazing.
Torrey found a friend. A. announced that Torrey was his friend. Swoon. E. came up to me later in the day and said "Excuse me Ma'am. Would you get off that seat? I want to get on it." ... Ma'am.  


And, I totally sacrifice my dignity to show you this picture of A. swimming in the deep end ... and me in my bathing suit. Please, for the love of Pete, focus on the child!


We didn't know that Jess and the kids would be at the pool. We haven't seen them since they arrived back in the states from their exile in Germany. Love that they live close. Love that we could spend a quiet afternoon swimming together. Love that it won't be the last time.


We actually snuck up to Linda and Paul's because Torrey has been dying to get Zoey in the pool. Anyone who knows Zoey knows that she loves her family. Period. We knew that, while Hattie and Gussie are sweet dogs, they would have sent Zoey straight into therapy. So, since Hattie and Gussie were gone, today was our one and only chance.
Zack was a nut about the pool ... he didn't want to get out. Zoey wasn't quite sold on the whole pool experience. It didn't help that she walked up to the pool and walked right in ... I guess she thought she could walk on water. She did enjoy her perch on the float, though!


So, thanks Linda and Paul for letting us use the pool. Please don't take back your key!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Looks like you had a very fun time! All those kids are super cute! Miss you!

jaywalker said...

what sweet pictures these are!! thanks for taking them - and helping me with the kids in the pool! we'll try for next wednesday...