Friday, March 21, 2008

TWELVE


Our girl is twelve. Twelve. Twelve. Let that wash over you for a few minutes. Did you just shudder ... I did! Torrey turned 12 on Sunday. She is an amazing girl/young lady. She is hilarious ... and ever so witty. I would like to say she gets that from me, but, truth be told I think that is all Dean. She is smart (again Dean). Beautiful (could that one please be me?) And, above all else she is a "God's Girl" ... she has such a desire to love Him and know Him. I love that after going to Launch (our church's youth group) she will always thank me for taking her. Who knows who she will be ... but, we have always known she would be amazing! She had (in her words, not mine) a "very successful birthday". Translation: she got a lot of gift cards! Auntie Linda and Uncle Paul arrived in time to help celebrate (am I the only one who is sad that she no longer calls Paul Auntie Paul?!) What a day! Do you think she would mind if we had her stay 12 for a year or two extra ... I cannot bear the thought of 13 (bet you shuddered now!)

1 comment:

TrueDeeC57 said...

Dean looks great. Texas agrees with him or vice versa....not really sure which one, but he looks great. I can't believe that Torrey is already 12. Time is flying right past me. I miss you guys here in Florida. Hopefully we will see you soon! Love ya