Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Warning (you WILL thank me later!)

I feel I have a civic duty to warn my family and friends so they do not make the same mistake I did. Before I begin, let me say I love the place I am about to describe ... nothing brings me more joy than a giftcard from this place! However, my favorite coffee shop (with over 11,000 shops, I am sure one is located on your drive to work ... there are 4 on my drive to work and 1 directly in my sightline out my classroom window. Glory!) has decided to make a drink which you MUST NOT BE TRICKED INTO TRYING! I am speaking of the honey latte. Yes, I am aware that the picture on the wall looks enticingly delicious. Yes, I know that the person behind the counter will tell you it is most delicious. Neither of these things are true ... I found this out first hand on Friday morning. My first sip tasted like dirty feet (or, the way cat pee smells ... you decide which is worse for you). I actually thought in my head that nothing can really be that bad and maybe I should give it another try and I did (once I gave my taste buds a moment to stop rioting in my mouth) ... Anyways, taste #2 was worse than taste #1. Why oh why did I go for the 2nd taste?! So, I poured it down the drain. I do have to confess that I debated pouring it down the drain since my pouring it down the drain meant I would have no coffee that day ... the day Spring Break started in Kindergarten, the day we have been counting down for, the day we actually had a dance party for. Good grief. Not the day to not have coffee. So, as my sister says, stick with what you know. From now on it will be sugar-free vanilla lattes for me.

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

AAAAHHHHHH! a QUOTE on your blog! i am FINALLY famous! and for giving advice, too. i am most impressed.