Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Interuption of Israeli Posts

I will be back with more posts and pictures of our fabulous trip to Israel, however, you must know that we are in the middle of a new season here in Texas.

That's right folks, it is cheerleading season in Texas.

And, after last year's season, there is a bit of freaking out going on in our house this week ... and, yes, the freaking outers would be Dean and I.

I recognize the fact that I am a freak.  I also recognize the fact that I love my child with my whole being and I do not want a repeat of last year.  At all.  These two facts caused me to not sleep last night.  I wrestled most of the night and woke up this morning in full-on "mama bear mode" ... and tryouts aren't until tomorrow.

So, that being said, I realized that my thoughts and feelings are not of or from God.  I am claiming this verse for Torrey and when I begin to freak out I am calling  out to the One who loves her more than Dean and I ... help us if He ever gets in "mama bear mode"!

Please pray with and for us ... pray for Torrey that she would remember cheers, chants and dance moves and that if she doesn't that she will improvise easily.  Pray for a calmness and peace that only comes from Him.  And, pray above all else that God gives Torrey the desire of her heart IF that is what He desires for her.

"For I know the plans I have for Torrey," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper Torrey and not to harm Torrey, plans to give Torrey hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: