Saturday, June 20, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

I am aware that Memorial Day was almost a month ago. In a normal world I would have gotten these on my blog before the end of May. But, truthfully, I am just glad I got them up before the end of 2009!

Linda and Paul have the "summer holidays" (we get the winter ones ... you know the ones that require tons of cooking ... hmmm ... maybe we should invest in a pool after all! Seriously, I do love the winter holidays and all the cooking that comes with them and would probably fight Linda to the death to keep Thanksgiving and Christmas!) ... so we headed up to Pinehurst to spend the day.Paul was playing golf, so we spent the first part of the day waiting for him to get there because we were starving ... we thought about just cooking the burgers and hot dogs ourselves, but thought better of it.

While we waited, there were quite a few chips consumed and several pictures taken ... and, Torrey got in the pool.
Here is a cute picture of Torrey and Gram. Our girl is growing up ... sad but true.
Torrey and her new "cousin", Hattie. Hattie is a sheepdog and she probably weighs more than Torrey in this picture. She is cute ... but such a puppy!
Torrey has been waiting (not so patiently) to be able to swim with Hattie. Hattie has a big sister, Gussi, who does not like to swim at all. We have tried to throw her in one time too many and now Gussi steers clear of the pool! Hattie is quite the swimmer though.
Torrey enjoyed the pool. She made the mistake of proclaiming it was cold when she first got in ... which meant I was not getting in the water. I am a 90 degree water girl! Torrey did look pretty relaxed ... I became her pool boy and had to bring her a drink and snacks. She has water in one cup holder and carrot sticks in the other!
Just when we thought we would starve to death, Paul appeared! I don't even think we said "Hi" to him when he walked in, but rather, "start cooking!" No one can crunch a bun like Paul! Paul and Linda were in charge of most of the food ...
and I was in charge of the corn on the cob. I bought it from the farm stand with a little window cut out of each ear so you could see what was inside. Not a kernel was harmed in the cutting of the window. How in the world did they do that?!
Dean enjoyed playing with Linda's bug swatter for most of the day. It is electrified ... it was kind of gross to hear him get a little fly because it went "zzzzap"! And, just so you know, the bug swatter does not know if it is hitting a bug or a person ... I tried it with a cup to see if it would still zap even if it wasn't a bug (I almost smacked my leg ... good thing I used my brain!) and it gave the cup a pretty good zap. Maybe it would also work on intruders .... hmmm.
Guess who had a blast in pool? Not just Torrey ....
Dean did too! Thanks Linda and Paul for another great summer holiday! Can't wait until the 4th of July!

4 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

I miss Linda's pool.... ha! I'm on Dad's computer, so it looks like he's posting a comment... hilarious. ~ Jen

jaywalker said...

i miss linda's pool... and all of you guys!

Tracy said...

And, Jess ... we miss you too!

grannimcd said...

I miss you ALL..... Hey, why don't you all come to the pool for every holiday???? Or any other time for that matter!!!
And, Tracy, you can have all the holidays if you don't just want the cooking ones.........




Oh, that isn't what you meant?!?!?!?